Michelle's Homemade Granola Bars

Ingrediants:
 
Honey, 1 cup
Coconut Oil, 4 tablespoons
Brown Sugar, 1/2 cup
Vanilla Extract, 4 teaspoons
 
Oatmeal, 4 cups
Wheat Germ, 1 cup
Shredded Cocounut, 1/2 cup
Cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon
Salt, 1 teaspoon
Dried Fruit, get jiggy with it
 
 
In a medium pot, mix honey, cocunut oil, brown sugar, and vanilla extract over medium heat till the brown sugar has completely dissolved.

 
In a bowl mix together oatmeal, wheat germ, shredded coconut, cinnamon, salt, and dried fruit.
Here I use dried pomegranates and chopped up dried figs that I "eye-balled" in measurement.


 
Pour the wet mixture from the pot into the dry ingrediants.  Stir till completely combined.  It may seem a bit dry but don't worry.

 
Here I packed down the mixture onto half of a regular cookie sheet lined with wax paper. 
Make sure you grease the wax paper before putting the granola on it so that it doesn't stick to it later.
I pressed down and formed with my hands.  A little bit of hard work.

 
Bake in the oven at 300 degreses for 25 minutes.


Et Voila!  Let it cool down and then cut it up into bars!
 

 
Here's my homemade granola bar I ate on the go to stay healthy and away from donuts!

 
YAY!  So much healthier than the store ones.  Next time, I want to try it without the brown sugar and with more fruit.

 

1 comment:

Blogging tips
Real Time Analytics